Attending weekly worship services with our church family.
Participating in community with other believers via gatherings and small groups.
Getting involved in what God is doing through Riverside Church!
Vision & Values
Love God. Love Others. Serve the World.
To help every person discover their gift and purpose in the body of Christ, equipping them with teaching, training, and opportunities to fulfill their destiny.
We believe the calling of our church is to make disciples, a disciple being a fully devoted follower of Christ who has an intimate relationship with Him, is walking in the freedoms and benefits provided by the Cross, is actively involved in Community with other Believers, and participates in the Great Commission.
Our Core Values
- God’s Presence: The essential and defining component of our services. Without it, we are nothing; within it, we find everything. His presence is what heals us, comforts us, guides us, and breathes new life into our souls.
- Outreach: We live in a world desperately seeking truth and hope. We exist to share the Gospel and see lives changed in our city, our nation, and our world through practical ministry to people’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- The Next Generation: We are dedicated to reaching the next generation and equipping them to be mighty men and women of God whose lives transform their sphere of influence and make an eternal impact in the world.
- Excellence: God is worthy of our best. Going beyond what is required, giving our best at all times in everything we do brings joy to God’s heart and glory to His name.
- Creativity: From the beginning of time, God has used creative means to communicate with His people. If God communicates creatively, we want to as well.
- Diversity: We are committed to experiencing life as a diverse community. We celebrate all cultures, races, personalities, ages, and backgrounds because each reflects the beauty of our Maker in a unique way. Our differences individually complete us corporately.
- Relevance: Cultural awareness increases opportunity to connect with people. When we bring God and the power of His Word into the situations people are facing on a daily basis, lives are changed.
- Serving: God has placed in man a desire to be a part of something bigger than himself. As we serve in His house, we experience the fulfillment of giving ourselves to the greatest cause of all: seeing His kingdom purposes accomplished on the earth.
- Life-Giving Atmosphere: We believe that God’s House is a place where all people can come and experience life as God intended it; a place where love is felt, relationships are formed, and destiny is discovered.
- Teamwork: We do life together. As we work side by side, we share in the joy of seeing our unique strengths, abilities, and gifts unite to accomplish God’s kingdom purposes in our community and across the world.
Who We Are
Riverside Church is about culture. We believe that Christianity isn’t about religious traditions and duties but about lifestyle and community. We love people, and we are determined to let everyone know that God loves them and has a plan for them. Someone said, “there is no peace like that which comes from knowing that you are in the middle of God’s will for you.” But knowing the will of God isn’t always easy. That’s why He has set things in place to help us, such as a strong church family. That’s what church really is, a family. One of the responses we hear the most from people who come to Riverside for the first time is that they felt welcomed. We couldn’t be happier to know that the love of God is felt in our church and among our church family. We encourage and highly value personal relationships in our church, which enable people to connect on a real level and grow together.
Pastors Randy and April Lopshire are anointed ministers with a heart for the lost and hurting. Randy has a passion for people to discover and experience a relationship with God as well as a message of character and authority that has been widely received in the United States and other nations. April has a pastor’s heart with a true love for people.
August 1994 – Riverside Church (formerly Clarksville Family Bible Church) held its first organizational meeting, with seven people in attendance at a local hotel.
October 1994 – The church moved its main services to the Ajax Turner Community Center, while looking to acquire a more permanent building. The church experienced consistent and steady growth.
April 1996 – Our first service held at 1170 Ft. Campbell Boulevard had about 100 people in attendance. We quickly outgrew the first building and acquired the adjacent furniture store.
December 1998 – We purchased 1005 S. Riverside (the former Martin 4 Theater), and it is the current ministry complex.
May 2002 – We purchased the adjacent building, 1009 S. Riverside Drive, to use as a fellowship hall.
August 2003 – The founding pastor, David C. Cook, went home to be with Jesus.
May 2006 – Pastors Randy and April Lopshire were married and continued moving forward to reach the lost and hurting with the gospel of Jesus Christ, in our community and throughout the world.
August 2007 – Clarksville Family Bible Church became Riverside Church.
The Scriptures: The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
The Godhead: God is one, manifested in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Eternal Life and the New Birth: Man’s step toward salvation is the new birth and it is necessary for all men.
Water Baptism: Is by immersion, is a direct commandment of the Lord, for believers only, and the ordinance is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.
Baptism in the Holy Spirit: A gift from God as promised by the Lord to all believers and is received subsequent to the new birth.
Sanctification: A definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of the new birth and continuing until Christ’s return.
Divine Healing: The physical, mental and emotional ills of people and is wrought by the power of God through faith, prayer, and by the laying on of hands. It is provided for in the atonement of Christ and is the privilege of every member of the Church today.
Resurrection of the Just and the Return of Our Lord: Jesus Christ’s coming is imminent. When He comes, “…the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air…”
Hell and Eternal Retribution: One who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the gospel or repenting.
Sacredness of Marriage: We acknowledge and recognize marriage as a God-given institution between one man and one woman, whose gender was created by God, according to the written Word of God.